We are seeking a self-motivated and detail orientated individual to assist with administrative responsibilities in our office:
Under the supervision of the Executive Director, this 100-hour, hands-on internship will run from August 19 – December 20th (approximately 6-8 hours per week). Intern will be responsible for assisting with the day-to-day administrative tasks at the Wildflower Festival office. Travel to the Crested Butte office is required at least once per week. Email resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Communicate with public: answer phone, mail, e-mail, and social media inquiries.
- Assist participants with questions about Festival/pointing them to other appropriate resources if needed (lodging, Chamber, CBMR, Music Festival, etc.)
- Learn and utilize our Event Management Software to manage customers, event registrations, merchandise orders, and refunds.
- Prepare and ship online merchandise orders.
- Assist our Assistant Director with cataloguing photos for social media posts; prepare posts for publication.
- Assist Executive Director and Assistant Director with annual fall membership drive.
- Distribute flyers for poster contest and member drive to businesses in Crested Butte & Gunnison.
- Assist with Boutique merchandise inventory – organize storage area.
- Assist with special projects (poster contest, website updates, participant surveys, meeting planning, etc.) as needed.
- Sophomore, Junior, or Senior status at Western State Colorado University with a 3.0 GPA or above.
- Experience with retail, administration, and communications preferred with a track record of excellent organizational, written, and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency with MS Office, Excel, Outlook and Google Drive/Docs/Sheets
- Willingness to jump in and take the lead on projects as needed.
- $1,300 stipend (approx. $13/hour)
- Possibility of credit hours through Western State Colorado University